Exciting opportunity to work on some of the biggest media and publishing brands in the world! Here you will have the opportunity to work on enterprise-level interactive briefs, conceiving and executing live campaigns across clients like Vogue, GQ, Red Bull, Timeout Magazine, Hearst, MTV, Estee Lauder, to help boost their engagement on editorial and commercial projects. The work is digitally focused and across mobile devices including social media.
We have new workflows to allow remote working during the lockdown, liaising with other team members through google hangouts and face-to-face time on Zoom. We are a small team working for big organisations, allowing you to see how logistics work across real-life projects. You would be reporting to Hannah Springett, company director and her extended consultancy team of subcontractors that are brought in on projects when needed. You will be working in a fast-paced atmosphere with a desire to keep going until they have delivered the best results!
As a digital designer and Webflow developer, you will be working alongside the company director & wider design team to assist in tasks for live storytelling briefs across editorial and commercial projects. As the Front-End Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces for the client's portfolio. This involves working closely with designers, in using mark-up language i.e. XHMTL/CSS, To turn their static designs into the next generation of browser-based experiences across all devices.
- You will own the development cycle of Webflow sites for some really exciting brands.
- You will contribute to our development processes and help us to ensure we are building high-quality sites using the latest technologies (Such as Webflow, Editor X, VEV, etc)
You are passionate about technology and innovation, designing at the cutting edge of what’s possible and embracing emerging platforms in your creative thinking. User challenges drive your decisions, championing UX thinking when solving a client’s challenges. You'll be working with teams and clients to develop design ideas and discover new opportunities.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience in the discipline with proven skills and competencies. Must have a passion for design and a demonstrable ability to execute remarkable work.
- Experience with Codepen and Lottie animations in conjunction with the cursor and scrolling interaction features.
- Experience with integrating custom code.
- Most likely you’ll have at least 3-6 years of industry experience.
- Extensive experience with Webflow ,HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3 & SASS experience, plus excellent PHP and WordPress knowledge.
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility.
- Experience working with version control systems such as BitBucket or GitHub
- Knowledge of HTML email best practice.
- Good, passionate approach, and a willingness to learn and adapt.
- Team player able to take briefs and develop compelling customer content working collaboratively with colleagues.
- Previous agency experience delivering mid-large scale projects.
- A good understanding of Design and UX.
- Familiar with Adobe creative suite, Adobe After Effects to Lottie animation processes.
Work should demonstrate a user-centric design approach and well-crafted execution. Work should show experimentation, versatility and energy.
Comfortable working as a team and confident with interactions with clients. Be able to influence and inspire a team of creatives. Support and help to develop designers within the team.
Excellent communication and presentation skills. Able to put an attractive and compelling presentation together and present it.
High level of skill in design and prototyping programs:
+ Familiar with Adobe creative suite, Adobe After Effects to Lottie animation processes.
+ Familiar with Cinema4d to Adobe After Effects cross processes.
+ An understanding of peripheral design processes (i.e. art direction and film/stills production).
Experience in animation, 3D, FIGMA, Adobe XD, READYMAG, WIX, Sketch, no-code platforms e.g. Ceros, Wirewax, Shorthand and VEV.
Training and development courses
There is a huge amount of opportunity to learn and develop within this role so if you are smart, self-motivated and driven and want to help grow the creative offering of this really exciting publishing house please apply.
Midweight / Senior
- £250 - £350 a day dependant on experience
- Available for bonuses
- After each quarter salary can be negotiated based on performance
HanSpringett Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.