Humi’s marketing team is looking for a web developer to help them take Humi’s website experience to the next level. If you consider yourself an expert with Webflow, this is your opportunity to flex your technical and creative skills to help bring the team’s web initiatives to life. As a Web Developer – Marketing, you'll be an individual contributor who will handle everything from supporting new marketing web projects to regular website maintenance to staying on top of best practices.
As a Web Developer – Marketing, you will be building on top of existing projects as well as leading and executing brand new projects. Most of your work will be around product marketing, with occasional projects for content marketing, recruiting, and public relations.
Who are we?
Humi’s mission is to help organizations throughout Canada foster their greatest asset – their employees. Starting with a powerful yet intuitive HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance platform, Humi has established a leadership position as the only company addressing all of these needs in one place. With a potential reach spanning every business in Canada, and a platform that touches every employee at every business that uses it, Humi is reimagining the future of work.
Humi is backed by the same group who funded Slack, Carta, and more (Tribe Capital), the top value-based U.S. accelerator (Y-Combinator), as well as several of the world’s leading angel investors.
We’re hiring across Canada and are open to applicants who prefer to work remotely!
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, representative of the communities we serve and beyond. We encourage, and are pleased to consider, applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who contribute towards promoting innovative ideas and solutions.
What will you be doing as a Web Developer – Marketing?
- Be the key person to go to for any requests or questions related to Webflow
- Maintain Humi’s website including the upkeep of webpages, resources library, and more
- Develop components, layouts, and custom tools to support marketing, sales, and product teams
- Maintain the CSS classes according to Client-First methodology to ensure reusability of components
- Stay on top of new Webflow functionality and best practices and incorporate them into Humi’s website to deliver the optimal user experience
- Create a process that will enable collaborators to edit website components while you act as the gatekeeper
- Get collaborators up to speed on how to use Webflow based on their needs and permissions
In your first 30 days, you will
- Participate in Humi’s immersive onboarding program to learn about all aspects of the business
- Meet the marketing team
- Be briefed on our current approaches and practices to development, CSS class naming, symbols, CMS schema
- Be briefed on our current Webflow projects and processes
In your first 60 days, you will
- Recommend and implement innovative changes to our infrastructure and processes to make them more stable, scalable, and efficient
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to understand the product offerings, value propositions, and the marketing and sales processes at Humi
In your first 90 days, you will
- Look at implementing best practices and approaches to page load speed, accessibility, SEO, reusability, and scalability
- Collaborate with our marketing, people ops, and product team to improve the state of our web marketing assets
- Collaborate in initiatives to prepare Humi for scale
You could be our next Web Developer – Marketing if you
- Have a good approach to complex problems with unknown variables
- Have a good troubleshooting approach
- Are detail-oriented and organized
- Proactively seek out ways to improve processes and the tooling
- Are comfortable learning new technologies and new work approaches
- Are strategic with your technology choices; you can explain your reasoning and tradeoffs
- Communicate effectively with diverse teams and levels in the organization, sharing the right level of detail in each situation
- Can work individually on exploring new ways to enhance Humi’s website, execution tasks, and more
- Can work collaboratively with other team members on supporting team-wide projects
- Are comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds and styles
- Are excited about crushing tasks and knocking them off your to-do list
- Like the idea of sharing your Webflow knowledge to help other team members
What are we looking for in a Web Developer – Marketing?
- 2 years of Webflow development experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Webflow ecosystem including its capabilities and limitations, and workarounds to overcome those limitations
- Thirst for continuous learning and the ability to grasp, acquire, and become proficient in new technologies in the Marketing space
- Ability to collaborate within a small team on objective-driven projects in a fast paced, high-growth environment
- Passion and enthusiasm for lean, well-organized code
- Ability to give and receive feedback openly and respectfully – we’re a team who thrives off of each other’s ideas and energy to build or improve marketing initiatives
Our tech stack
- Webflow Designer for creating product marketing pages, company pages, custom landing pages for campaigns, and basically anything that lives outside of the product
- Webflow CMS for landing pages, blog, e-books, webinars, partners, and anything that is recurring and templated
- Webflow forms for lead capturing
- Webflow Editor for non-designer/developers to change copy and
- Asana for Project management
- Slack for communication
- Figma for prototyping and high fidelity design
- Figjam for team collaboration
- No-code tools (e.g. Webflow, Convert Calculator) and some custom code for custom sales enabling solutions
- Zapier for pushing lead information to Hubspot
- Hubspot for sales flow
- Google Analytics for data analytics and reporting
- Notion for Knowledge sharing and documentation
Why join Humi?
- As a team that services the HR world, we are a team that understands you perform best in an environment that cares about their employees
- Be part of a high performing team of critical thinkers that thrive on problem solving
- Access leadership and growth opportunities as the company rapidly scales
- Maintain work-life engagement with flex hours and our Long(er) weekends initiative
- Opportunity to work fully remote across Canada if you choose to