Are you looking to join an energetic team of people who are passionate about equitable access to education? For over 10 years, Proximity Learning has been making it easier for districts to connect their students with the teachers they deserve. We remove unnecessary barriers between students and teachers through our live-streaming virtual classroom, enabling young learners to receive a more equitable education.
About the Role
We are looking for a web designer who will be responsible for creating engaging and user-friendly websites at PLI. Primary duties include conceptualizing and implementing creative ideas as well as creating visual elements that are in line with PLI’s branding. You will be working closely with our graphic designer team to ensure proper and hassle-free implementation.
Duties include coding webpages or entire websites, meeting with clients throughout the company to develop new website templates or refine designs, as well as previewing layouts and website features, demonstrating and receiving feedback about draft sites, and ultimately creating products that are user-friendly, effective and appealing. The position requires keeping up to date with recent technological and software developments and works as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- From a user-centered perspective, develops and tests rich interactive web experiences that align with the college strategies. Develops information architecture, navigational structure, user interface, visual design, graphics, HTML emails, and interactive features and elements for multiple web devices and emails.
- Works collaboratively with the marketing and design teams to establish strategies, tactics, process, and schedules for web projects.
- Creates user interaction models, workflows, information architectures, prototypes, and guidelines for user interfaces.
- Produces finished final deliverables that are to be deployed to production websites and web applications.
- Optimizes web designs and features to minimize download time and meet browser and platform compatibility standards.
- Researches new products and services that can be implemented to improve the effectiveness, functionality, and appearance of the institution's web presence.
- Keeps abreast of current web standards, web marketing strategies, design trends, development processes, and production methods.
- Maintains current knowledge of web development hardware and software tools and methods.
- Serves as a member of the emergency communication team, as needed.
- Excellent knowledge of visual design and a strong understanding of layout and typography, including web typography.
- Thorough knowledge of web user experiences, information architecture, and web graphics creation.
- Thorough knowledge of web standards, including an understanding for designing for accessibility and user experience.
- Working knowledge of professional web development and graphics tools.
- Working knowledge of CSS standard compliant website design and coding.
- Familiarity with open-source CMS development, preferably the WordPress content management system.
- Familiarity with web marketing principles and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques and tools.
- Familiar with the concept of responsive and adaptive front end interface development.
- Experience in working within the WordPress CMS platform.
- Familiarity with solutions to cross-browser compatibility issues.