We are looking for a brilliant no-coder who wants to make the world a better place.
What Makes SIDE Labs Special?
SIDE Labs is a small team with a big mission: social impact via no-code. We design and implement no-code solutions to alleviate suffering, guide the vulnerable and reduce inequalities.
Charities and social impact organisations waste a fortune on bespoke technology, which usually proves inflexible and hard to maintain. No-code means it doesn’t have to be that way.
Help our clients stop reinventing the wheel. Show them the no-code way.
About This Role
We are looking for someone who can make no-code systems work. Not just work, but work robustly. Not just robustly, but robustly and sweetly. Not just robustly and sweetly, but… you get the idea... really well!
For the first 6 months you’ll be primarily working on a project for Citizens Advice Scotland. CAS has a wonderful mission: empowering citizens to help other citizens. CAS has already experienced significant wins via no-code, but we want to do more.
You’ll be working with a service designer and a project lead to:
- Discover where no-code can deliver the biggest wins across the network
- Prototype those solutions
- Test them on sample users
- Roll them out across the network
At SIDE, our core tools are Webflow, Make and Airtable, but we roam freely across the entire ecosystem of No-Code and Saas tools. For this role, more important than experience with a particular tool is a willingness to learn and an ability to deliver high-quality no-code solutions.
We are at the scoping phase, so we don't know exactly what tools you’ll be working with. Currently we are examining projects that might use Google DialogueFlow or Microsoft Power Automate. You will have a big say!
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Evaluating no-code tools
- Creating prototypes to explore no-code solutions
- Iterating on systems in response to user research
- Deploying systems in a production environment
- Creating excellent documentation and training material
- Salary: £25k to £55k (This is a wide range. We are open to candidates with a range of experience.)
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays + birthday
- Equipment: MacBook Pro; chair, desk and other home office kit as required
- Choice of SIDE no-code hoodie (unless you want Charcoal Large - we’ve run out of that option 🤣 )
- Learning budget, pension and profit share (see Life at Side for more details)
- Monthly learning day. Quarterly hike day.
- In the case of exceptional performance, we offer a path to partnership in SIDE Labs.
But it is not all about the benefits. It’s about the vibe. We are designers, tinkerers and friends. We grow and learn together, always aiming to deliver transformative social impact via no-code.
Two days per week we work face-to-face at our co-working spaces at X+Why across London. The rest of the time we work remotely. If you can join us twice a week in London, great. But we are flexible. Getting together every month or two is also okay for this role.
_ You apply (Deadline: Thursday 28th April)
_ In your cover letter, please tell us:
- your favourite no-code tool
- a social problem you'd like to solve
- your current work situation and notice period
_ Initial screening interview with Lizzie Curtis [30 min]
_ Take home task to demonstrate your skills and approach
_ In depth interview stage, including presenting your work.
- Peer interview [45 min]
- Senior team member interview [45 min]
- Debrief with Lizzie Curtis [30 min]
_ We check references and make you an offer
We anticipate that all interviews will be conducted remotely. We will offer interviews at times that suit you, so if you have children, caring duties, or other circumstances affecting your availability for an interview, we’re happy to offer convenient times outside of work hours.
Join an informal Zoom session to learn more about this role, on Tuesday 26th at 1pm. Email andy at sidelabs.org to be added to the invite list.
We strive for diversity in our team. SIDE encourages applications from all backgrounds, abilities or impairments, communities and industries. We are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills and experiences. If you have any questions please get in touch at hello at sidelabs.org.