We're looking for an experienced, friendly digital designer to join our remote and growing team at Waypoint Advisory.
We’re a small, dynamic team of designers, marketers and business strategists. Our mission is to provide a safe and respectful working environment that enables our team to get paid to utilise their skills, so they can spend time with the ones they love doing the things they love, outside of work! We’re based in Melbourne, Australia.
The role below should hopefully help us to find a talented designer who's comfortable to work on ad-hoc design & Webflow related tasks, small / medium Webflow website projects and occasional other visual graphic design work.
This role operates much like a freelancer / contractor role would. Projects are discussed, quotes and timelines are agreed upon, objectives are set - and it's up to you to deliver your work, ready for feedback. The right candidate will likely develop a good rapport with our team and ongoing work will continue - where we can be less formal and work more fluidly.
Ideally, we're looking for someone
- Has digital agency experience and has worked as a junior & intermediate visual designer
- Has digital agency experience working on website projects that involve planning, user experience, visual design, build, and delivery
- Is comfortable working autonomously and knows how to respond to a brief and develop a plan & provide an estimate on the time they need
- Knows their way around Figma
- Comfortable to manage their own time, responsibilities and output
- Has a portfolio with examples of websites designed & built in Webflow
- Has demonstrable experience (or partial experience) in planning, gathering requirements, designing & building small or medium website projects
- Work with the team to setup and prepare Webflow websites (for Mobile and Desktop experience) based on high-quality templates in the marketplace
- Design and build small to medium Webflow websites that have a 10-20 page depth minimum
- Implement visual style guides and components inside of Webflow with customer's brand assets
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure designs meet project requirements
- Demonstrate a good understanding of design trends
- Able to create and apply components in Webflow
- Able to ensure all pages have the correct Meta Title, Meta Description, Alt Tags
- Able to ensure all pages have the correct Heading Styles applied to text components
- Show a keenness to improve your skill-set in not only your discipline but potentially some of our other disciplines (SEO, UX, Analytics and Data Implementation)
- Open minded and ready to learn how to understand briefs and create project plans
- Ready to learn how to develop and gather requirements on a project
- Regular, ongoing digital design & Webflow development work
- Remote, hybrid working conditions
- Flexible working hours
- Rates of $40 - $60 AUD per hour
- These small projects are outcomes based - and so the right candidate will need to be able to quote on the time required to do the task or project, and define an approach, timeline etc
- We're open to part-time permanent roles
About Waypoint Advisory
- We’re a small, dynamic team of designers, marketers and business strategists
- Our mission is to provide a safe and respectful working environment that enables our team to get paid to utilise their skills, so they can spend time with the ones they love doing the things they love, outside of work!
- We’re based in Melbourne, Australia
- We don’t operate a normal 9-5 working day, we work to milestones and general deadlines. If you can get it done in time, it doesn’t matter when or how.
- We offer a $150 training budget for short Webflow design or SEO marketing courses - We want to see you get better as a junior, or graduate and invite you to learn on us!
- We offer a $75 travel, coffee, lunch and whatever else you want budget per project
- We pay fortnightly and monthly, depending on the client / project worked on
- We're a registered Australian Company
We will be selecting and screening candidates via Linkedin only. Direct messages, emails or bookings through our website may not be responded to.