Pardon Ventures is a venture studio creating brands that transform how people see the world. As a team of creative entrepreneurs, we develop and launch ventures that foster community, encourage new ways of thinking, and create the context for positive change to occur. Our original ventures include a digital travel magazine, a positive news publication, and a collection of media brands that spark wonder and curiosity, all of which are enjoyed by millions of readers every day.
About the Role
As Webflow Developer, you will work within Creative Services to help develop new digital brands. You will be tasked with translating concepts and visual elements into attractive and engaging web and email experiences. Working in collaboration with your teammates in Creative Services, you will take each brand from the germ of an idea to a product ready for development.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to design exciting websites and email templates for a variety of audiences and can translate abstract concepts into clean and understandable experiences. They grasp both the opportunities and limitations email presents. They are well-versed in Figma, Webflow, and WordPress and they know how to create intuitive products with those tools.
This is a remote position, but we would prefer a candidate based near one of our team hubs in Southern California, Denver, or New York.
- Website Development: This role will own both the rapid prototyping and the wireframing (both lo-fi and hi-fi) of brand websites, working closely with teammates in Creative Services to bring a visual identity and mission to life. You will also own the translation from layout to function in Webflow and from Webflow to WordPress.
- Brand Ideation: All members of Creative Services play a role in the ideation process and are encouraged to seek out inspiration to help advance the types of brands we build
- Email Development: Email is key to all the brands we develop. This role will use the brand guidelines and visual assets produced along with a keen understanding of email development limitations to create attractive, engaging, and intuitive email newsletters for every brand.
- Experience developing digital products based off a system of visual assets, actively looking for ways to substantially improve design practices and scalability
- An understanding of recent technological developments that matter to web and email design
- Dynamic experience in Figma, Webflow, and WordPress
- Great communication skills that will allow you to be clear about all design principles, frameworks, and design directions to all key stakeholders
- An appreciation for and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback
- An ability to implement a broad range of aesthetics and styles into user friendly experiences
- A deep understanding of design elements, color, and composition, as well as sensitivity to aesthetic and seasonal trends
- Either start-up experience or a “whatever it takes” attitude
- An understanding of what content engages the largest audience on different platforms (i.e. social media feeds, email, mobile vs. desktop, etc.)
- A proactive and collaborative approach with a low-ego work style; you love working with people and people love working with you
- A detail-oriented mindset
We aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds, and challenge each other to be better every day!