We have a marketing website (separate from the company’s core product) that is built in Webflow. The website surfaces the profiles of medical professionals with whom the company has a partnership. We have an ongoing need to build new pages (e.g. SEO landing pages) and features (e.g. new search and filter capabilities). We want to work with someone who we can build a long term partnership with - who will manage and build out our Webflow website for as long as we have a Webflow site.
Our Webflow-related stack is:
- Data lives in Airtable
- Webflow CMS syncs to Airtable via Whalesync
- We’re using Jetboost for the filtering capabilities
- Jetboost and other technology new technologies are open to being changed if you have a compelling reason to introduce new technology
We have a designer who provides Figma mocks for new page buildouts or substantial design changes. Ideally you have some design sense so that you are able to own smaller design changes (e.g. layout tweaks, or gaps in Figma mocks for certain breakpoints) without relying on our designer to provide mocks.
We also have an SEO expert on hand who provides most of the strategic guidance and specifications for pages to build. The SEO expert has a software engineering and Webflow background (but not the bandwidth to implement), so you have someone to lean on as a thought partner for particularly challenging issues.
We will be accepting applications for a few days. When we see an application we’re excited about, we’ll move quickly to get on a short phone call and then start working with you, ideally around next week.
Please note: the existing Webflow site is not built with best practices in mind. While we understand that this foundation may lead to occasional issues and surprising regressions, we do want you to take care to QA your work regularly and try to minimize these issues. After we build a relationship where we know to trust each others’ decision-making, we may be open to a rebuild of the website in accordance with your best practices guidance.
Expectations for the role:
- To start, about 10h/week of availability. We already have a queue of tasks ready to go.
- Meaningful daily (weekday) or every-other-day progress, with short updates on how things are going flowing through Slack
- Taking holiday/vacation is fine, just please give us at least 1 week heads up for 1-3 days off, and at least 2 weeks heads up for 4+ days off
- Set and meet your own deadlines for completing tasks
- QA your own work after you push something to staging or production, and make sure implementation matches mocks and specs exactly
- When implementing to-spec seems not worthwhile to you, call out what compromises you made before calling something “done”.
- If you aren’t confident in something that may be important (e.g. a technical SEO detail), ask questions. When given a reference (e.g. a link to SEO documentation); read it before asking follow up questions
- Regressions will always be top priority and urgent to repair. It’s understandable that they happen, but we expect them to be resolved within 24h if they are minor regressions, and urgently (i.e. should be your priority during working hours) if they are having an immediate and obvious business impact.
- (nice to have) Some design skills so we don’t need a designer involved for small changes
We’re looking forward to reading your application!