At VSCO, our mission is to nurture creativity so you can make it. We are a leading photo and video editor with a library of 200+ premium quality presets and tools, an easy-to-use video editor, and a curated collection of photography of all genres, styles and aesthetics from our global community of talented creators. We are looking for humble overachievers and self-starters who are naturally curious, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. We foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion, ambition, and progress.
We are looking for a Design Technologist to prototype rich customer interactions, build high-fidelity layouts and design templates, and implement VSCO’s design system across our mobile and web experiences. You are a detail-oriented developer with a passion for beautiful user experiences and bringing them to life through code. You will be partnering closely with product designers, marketers, and engineers across teams to help unlock a higher level of quality and consistency throughout the product experience. Your work will elevate the VSCO experience for every customer directly.
You will work across a variety of tools, channels, and codebases to test and implement a consistent VSCO experience. Your body of work and experience must demonstrate proficiencies in all popular and standard, web and mobile UX development environments.
- Build animated and interactive prototypes for UX research and UI development
- Develop new layouts and interactions for the VSCO website, email templates, and embedded banners and modals
- Build, test, and implement UX tokens/components that can be leveraged by web and mobile product developers
- Develop, implement and improve the design system across web and mobile platforms
- Build clean, testable, maintainable, and idiomatic code, and drive the team forward in relation to code quality
- 5+ years of professional web development experience along with some developed design acumen (though professional design experience is not necessary)
- Responsive and collaborative in a remote environment – being part of a distributed team requires active participation and proactive communication
- Affinity with VSCO’s mission and values, and a creative passion outside work that enriches your perspective
- A virtual first workplace with quarterly company-wide travel events to connect and play.
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Healthcare insurance, vision, dental insurance for employees and families
- Flexible vacation policy
- Creative Fridays, VSCO Create weeks (our version of hack week), and so much more.
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
We believe in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within VSCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors, such as qualifications, experience, and skills. The base salary range for this role is $178000 - $190000. Salary is one component of the total compensation package, which includes bonuses (if eligible), equity, flexible time off, and other benefits.