DO NOT JUST CLICK APPLY
WATCH THIS VIDEO (NB If you are reading this on your phone, you may not be able to click the link. You may have to find a desktop and click the link from there):
After watching the intro video, please submit your application to the email provided IN THE VIDEO. If you do this with a custom covering letter and / a video, then you are guaranteed an interview.
Description: Web designer: Illustrator/Figma AND Webflow/Elementor
Location: This is a REMOTE position. You will need your own computer and internet access.
Salary: Rs 15 lpa to Rs 20 lpa
Current team size: 20
Unifize is a cloud-based collaboration platform for manufacturing companies founded by Ben Merton, Lakshman Thatai and Avinash Sultanpur in 2019. It reduces the time it takes manufacturers to design, make, and sell their products. Think of it as a Slack or Jira for manufacturing.
Please see our website for a brief video introduction of what we do, along with some case studies.
We have raised a pre-seed round and have been selling since 2020, growing on average at 11% a month. We currently have a dozen medium and large-sized customers in the US, Canada, the UK and India, including Airbus and John Deere. We build our product in India, where the majority of our team is based.
- While we have had excellent early traction by generating outbound leads, we now need to start finding ways to scale our demand gen and build an inbound channel.
- As an early stage SaaS company, this means we need to experiment to refine the various niches that we already have traction with.
- We therefore need to start digital marketing by creating landing pages that clearly articulate our problem / solution / value proposition.
- We need far more content to showcase our product features and address different segments / verticals / use cases.
- Til now, the Unifize website has been designed and implemented by the founders but we no longer have the bandwidth to do this on our own.
- We therefore need someone who is able to work very closely with the CEO/co-founders to design and implement web pages within an experimental framework and drive users to different messages.
- We’re therefore looking for someone who is proficient in both designing AND implementing websites. You will need to provide plenty of examples of where you have used Figma/Adobe AND implemented using a no-code framework. Having knowledge of CSS/HTML is a huge plus.
- We do NOT want to go the traditional route of hiring two separate people for this role (designer + implementer) because we need to iterate fast. Please do NOT apply unless you have both.
- Creating website designs on Illustrator / Figma
- Implementing pages on Webflow / Elementor (Wordpress)
- Creating product walkthroughs
- Using Google Analytics, Hotjar and other tools to understand user behaviour
- Basic copywriting
- Meeting with co-founders to discuss requirements and/or project progress
- Demonstrating and receiving feedback about sites
- Keeping up to date with recent technological and software developments
- Creating pages that are user-friendly, effective and appealing
- Sourcing images, digital retouching and image editing
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- BONUS: Video editing skills
- You want to create a world-class B2B SaaS product using the latest tools, from scratch
- You love to create and implement webpages and using data to see how well they convert
- You enjoy working with directly with amazing entrepreneurs in a startup environment
- You are driven by the desire to learn
- You like the pressure to perform because it makes you a better person
- You want to make a difference
- Ability to read and write English to a high standard
- Ability to use Figma/Illustrator AND Webflow/Elementor or some other no-code builder
- Ability to figure out how to use other software, where required
- Ability to take ownership of an outcome...goal oriented
- Ability to voice an opinion and take feedback constructively
- Resume screen
- Submit your existing portfolio of work
- Phone screen (may involve multiple people)
- Zoom interview
We are the only startup that’s focused on solving collaboration problems for manufacturing companies, which is the next big thing in SaaS. Manufacturing is 23% of global GDP.
The co-founders have been running companies in at least five countries over the past fifteen years, including deep experience in technology, operations and sales in engineering/manufacturing businesses. We have strong domain expertise in the industry we are trying to disrupt.
We are part of Techstars first India batch, and attended universities that are consistently ranked in the Top 10 in the world.
We have a track record of raising capital and strong existing relationships with the finance community in both India, the US and the UK. We have funding for at least the next 24 months.
We are a small, product focused tech and sales / marketing team of about 15 people selling from India to the global markets. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn, contribute to a thriving startup and get exposure to many different disciplines.
We have very high expectations from the candidates that we do select, especially in terms of first-principles thinking, communication and accountability. We will not select average candidates, and we want to encourage our employees to see Unifize as a learning ground for possibly starting their own businesses in the future.
We strongly believe in evidence-based decisions, transparency, corporate governance, meritocracy, and an open forum for discussion.
We explicitly want to build a team from different backgrounds and with a wide range of interests and experiences. We are committed to building a gender-balanced organization.