Greetings, Web hero 👋🏻
This is not a usual job description, but there is a good reason for that.
It's going to take you 5 minutes to read it, but it is 100% worth it.
Let us explain.
Over the past 100 years, media production went through cycles of innovation that impacted the production, distribution, and consumption of media in ways that we couldn't predict.
Things are changing quickly, technologies grow and evolve in multiple waves.
One of the ways to think about how technologies emerge is that stuff tends to begin small and slow. There is an early period where the technology isn't quite working and it doesn't look like it's going to be very useful or important.
But then, it reaches a point where the growth accelerates upwards. It moves from the period when it was kind of a crazy idea to a period of excitement and growth.
Everything starts working.
At Synthesia, we believe the future of media is synthetic. Not sure what's that about? Check this article written by our CEO Victor Riparbelli: https://www.synthesia.io/post/the-future-of-synthetic-media
It's kind of a crazy idea.
But after 5 years of research and a roller coaster ride of successes and failures, here is a graph showing the number of AI videos created by our customers in 2021 (in 2023 it's continuing to grow exponentially).
Not that crazy of an idea anymore, huh? 😉
In 2021 we've raised two funding rounds with a total of $62M from legendary investors such as Kleiner Perkins and Google Ventures.
And now, in June 2023, we've raised an additional $90M from Accel and NVIDIA at a $1B Unicorn valuation.
And yet, we're just getting started building the foundations of a whole new type of media.
We're still extremely early, and you have the chance to be a pioneer and shape the future of video production!
To continue our growth trajectory, we're looking for a passionate Website Lead.
We have a product/market fit, good website fundamental and we're ready to push the throttle down. Come aboard! 🚀
About The Job
In this position, you will join our Marketing team as a Website Lead.
What's exciting about this job?
At Synthesia, we already have a ton of website traffic and a lot of market insight. We also have 1 full-time Webflow developer (and soon getting another one).
We treat our website as a constantly evolving product so this position is basically a website product manager.
How will your day to day look like?
Creating new web pages, optimizing existing website sections, running A/b tests, studying qualitative tests and working with Webflow developers on bigger implementation pieces. We move very fast and prefer doing to talking.
This role is perfect for someone who loves and deeply understands web and is obsessed with constant analytical building and testing of the website.
You can see more about who we are and how we work here: https://www.synthesia.io/careers
🤔 Interested? Imagine joining Airbnb, Stripe, Figma - before they had a well defined brand, when they were just starting to take off. That's how early we are. 🤩
- 4+ years working at a B2B SaaS tech startup
- Conversion rate optimization across the page and maximising traffic that we get
- Implement small changes by yourself in Webflow and A/B test them (eg. copy changes, section moves etc.)
- Be able to come up with and prioritize bigger CRO experiments and implement them with our Webflow developers
- Copywriting: good copywriting experience
- Full funnel: you should be able to understand and analyze the full funnel impact of our web performance
- Design: good eye for design is a plus
- People Management: Some experience managing+hiring other people is a plus
- 💸 We are generous - you will be compensated fairly (incl. stock option plan)
- ✨ We are mindful - you will have the flexibility to work from home and rest when you need to.
- 💻 We are a tech company - you will have access to all the equipment you need.
- 🎉 We are fun - we do company off-sites, team dinners, and other social activities.
- 📈 We want you to grow - you will be joining a bunch of exceptional professionals who will help you shape the career you are dreaming of.