Software Engineer, Front End - Clear Street CenterPoint
This position is part of Clear Street’s professional and active trading division, CenterPoint, based in San Diego, CA (in Del Mar to be more precise) which offers an excellent work environment in a new office and fantastic quality of life. Here you will find an environment where ideas and input are welcomed, imagination is respected, and the future is bright. CenterPoint’s clients rely on the advanced tools and services that we provide, but we’re just getting started! We welcome ambitious team members who share a passion for the world of online trading.
In this role you will focus on developing solutions aimed at professional and active securities traders. Become part of a growing team of software engineers tasked with developing the next generation of financial products and services to drive our growth into the future. This is a great opportunity to join our organization, where you can drive new initiatives and further develop your career.
Front End Engineer Characteristics
- Experience with Wordpress, Webflow, Figma, and/or Unqork is a bonus
- You have a passion for designing and delivering great products and user experiences
- You’ve worked on client-facing products and internal-facing systems front-ends.
- You’ve partnered with Product Management, Engineering, and Design teams to formulate UX specs, requirements, and designs.
- Collaborate with other front-end teams at our parent company, Clear Street, to leverage knowhow, UX frameworks, and tooling.
- Oversee all CenterPoint’s front end UX, both existing and new
- Skilled in creating rapid prototypes and proof of concepts
- Conduct usability testing, gather user feedback and requirements
- Background in graphic arts and design, skilled with Adobe tools
- Mid-level to Senior, 5-8 years of experience, ability to lead initiatives and mentor others.
The Base Salary Range for this role is $140,000 - $190,000. This range is representative of the starting base salaries for this role at Clear Street. Where a candidate falls in this range will be based on job related factors such as relevant experience, skills, and location. This range represents Base Salary only, which is just one element of Clear Street's total compensation. The range stated does not include other factors of total compensation such as bonuses or equity.
As we’re under the Clear Street umbrella, we offer competitive compensation packages, company equity, 401k matching, gender neutral parental leave, and full medical, dental and vision insurance. Our belief has always been that we are better as a business when we are all together in person. As such, beginning on January 2, 2023, we are requiring employees to be in the office 4 days per week. In-office benefits include lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, happy hours, a great location, and amazing views.
Our top priority is our people. We’re continuously investing in a culture that promotes collaboration. We help each other through challenges and celebrate each other's successes. We believe that modern workplaces succeed by virtue of having high-performance workforces that are diverse — in ideas, in cultures, and in experiences. We put in the effort to make such a workplace a daily reality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.