Hi, we're Mr Yum 👋
Founded in Melbourne, Australia in 2018, Mr Yum is an ordering, payments and growth platform used by leading hospitality and entertainment venues around the globe.
We've experienced huge business growth over the past 12 months. Having expanded to the UK and US and now used by more than 1500 venues around the world, our industry-leading functionality and focus on customer success has seen Mr Yum adopted in all types of venues, from cafes and pubs to stadiums, concert venues and airports.
With your help, we have ambitious goals to continue to scale the business by building the most beautiful, powerful tools for our customers.
Our mission is to create the best growth toolkit for hospitality and entertainment in the world. This toolkit is more than just QR code ordering but encompasses a suite of features, including payments, loyalty, marketing and customer insights.
Named LinkedIn's #4 Top Startups 2021, our team now comprises more than 100 kind and driven humans working out of the Melbourne HQ, Sydney, Brisbane, Los Angeles, London and the Philippines.
And we're just getting started.
About the Role
Mr Yum is growing like a beautiful English ivy - expanding before your eyes, refined and timeless, and other superlatives that suggest we're achieving continued success.
As we enter new markets, continuously release new products and services, and create entertaining and educational content, we are looking for an energetic Webflow Developer to create amazing and beautiful user experiences on mryum.com. An eye for, and the ability to execute on, clean and artful web design, with elite user interface design skills, are a must, and being able to translate high-level requirements into intuitive and functional designs is just part of who you are.
We are looking for a solutions-oriented, collaborative, and analytical Webflow Developer to help us grow and maintain our company websites. You will be responsible for making our sites user-friendly, accessible, attractive, and secure. The ideal candidate will have the ability to balance technical know-how with a creative eye and rigorous attention to detail.
Additional responsibilities include ongoing site maintenance, with particular attention to design, functionality, and areas for improvement. This front-end engineer will work across teams and departments to plan, develop, maintain, and enhance our public-facing marketing websites.
This role is in our Melbourne HQ, but we're open to remote candidates if you're phenomenal.
What You'll Do
- Contribute your technical expertise and knowledge of best practices to complex technical projects.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in backend site structure, UX, UI, and present solutions.
- Optimise loading speeds and capacity, debug pages, and fix broken links or images.
- Assist with content updates, page builds, and section redesigns.
- Address internal and external user feedback and lead QA and process documentation.
- You'll collaborate daily with a multidisciplinary team of product designers, graphic designers, UX designers, researchers, strategists, and the wider marketing team.
- Creating original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to our website.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive-level stakeholders.
If we'd worked with you in the past six weeks, you would have...
- Owned some important optimisation changes we made to our website, refining our top navigation, shortening our main contact form, and adding some important new content pages in line with a recent acquisition.
- Improved our HubSpot marketing email templates and made them a little more dynamic.
- Started creating a standalone website for a very exciting upcoming project.
What You'll Need
- Experience as a front-end engineer
- Webflow experience required
- Advanced knowledge of website management tools
- A keen eye for UX/UI
- Experience with the intricacies of search engine optimisation
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience and a desire to work very closely with different types of designers.
- Proficiency in Figma or other visual design and wire-framing tools
Why Mr Yum?
We live and breathe our team mantras - Think 10x, Here To Serve, Run Towards the Fire and Numbers Over Hype - and we're so proud of the culture we've built.
Work with impact and purpose. We're helping the hospitality and entertainment industries to thrive and Mr Yum is at the forefront of this technological transformation. Expect collaboration and interesting problems to solve.
Work with great people. Work alongside a supportive, diverse and inclusive team. You'll have the trust, freedom and support to experiment, think 10x and not be afraid of failure but to learn from it...and have fun together along the way.
Work that challenges you. We're growing quickly, and you will too. You'll have numerous opportunities to embrace discomfort, grow and learn as Mr Yum expands and scales globally.
Work that works for you. We're a flexible, remote-friendly place with unlimited leave options and day-to-day work times to suit your routine. We prioritise our team's mental health & overall wellbeing, with a no-questions-asked approach to mental health days and access to support programs.
Benefits & Perks…
- A flexible, remote-friendly work environment where people can enjoy a mix of WFH and in-office collaboration
- Employee share option plan
- The best new equipment to set you up for success
- Free access to online mental health & wellbeing resources the ability to connect with local therapists, counsellors and coaches
- Quarterly recognition program
- Flexible leave options, including 16 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and non-primary carers, floating public holidays, unlimited mental health days, etc.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
We're committed to growing and empowering an inclusive Mr Yum community. That's why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.