The Slam Media Lab team is looking for a part-time Webflow Designer to join our team to help us design, develop, and deploy Webflow sites. This role has the potential to go full-time.
We're looking for somebody who can wear multiple hats in design including UX/UI, web design, illustrations, social media visuals, and have a say in a number of areas on the design.
Because the role goes beyond just design and touches all areas of creative, strong English skills are required.
You will have the chance to learn Webflow from scratch if you’re not already familiar with it, working directly with the Head of Design & Ops and our CEO. You’ll be able to see up close and personal how we think, work, and execute projects for clients small and large.
- This role requires a lot of thinking on the fly and learning on the fly. You must be fine with a fast-paced learning environment. Don't say "I don't know". Say "I'll figure it out”
- We don't care about your schooling. We also don't care about your experience. If you love design, and you're creative, work hard, and learn quickly, that is all we care about.
- Great English is a must.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- You must be hyper-organized. You need to keep track of a lot of things and not let anything drop.
- Bonus: If you love design, writing, illustration, or have some Webflow experience, mention it!
- Manage web design projects from start to finish, including strategy, working with stakeholders (internal and external), design, development, integrations, and launch.
- Utilize design language and visual identities to design high-fidelity mockups using Figma
- Creating clear structure in mockup architecture to allow for easy translation in Webflow (i.e. identifying sections, containers, divs, etc.)
- Take high-fidelity mockups from Figma and build them out within Webflow
- Implement design feedback from clients.
- Respond to design or development tickets for our client base, including designing new sections and graphics.
- QA designs from teammates. Identify areas for improvement to sites and test features across screen sizes.
- An exceptional attention for detail. "Pixel perfect" design translation, image optimization, alt tags, OpenGraph images, etc.
- Collaborate with the broader team on design projects beyond web, including presentations, social media, etc.
Slam Media Lab (Slam) — an integrated digital agency at the intersection of organic search, web design, and content distribution — is seeking a talented Webflow designer to join our team! 🎉
Slam Media Lab partners with organizations as their full-service web partners. We design and build beautiful brands and digital experiences. We build sites in weeks, not months. We’re help our clients along every step of the way, from design, development, deployment, to distribution and beyond.
Our work has been recognized by Awwwards, Davey Awards, CSS Design Awards, and more.
📈 Growth & Scale
We’re a fast-growing agency, advised and backed by some of the top startups, foundations, entrepreneurs, and celebrities in the world. We’re early in our journey and you will learn and grow with us. You’ll have the opportunity to be an early employee (or rock star)!
Some of our past and current clients include Worklife Ventures, Peer Health Exchange, QUIET films (Wend Collective), Elemental Excelerator (Emerson Collective), Intrax, Kai XR, The University of Chicago, Northwestern University, LTX Connect, and more.
🌈 Finding Joy
We believe that growth and development is a creative journey. We want you to find growth and joy in everything you do.
Our job is to help us feel joy as possible in our lives, both inside and outside of work! We proactively ask for feedback, check-in how you’re doing, and work hard to make sure you’re in a flow state. This means, we care about living balanced lives and encourage teammates to work in places/times that bring you joy and comfort.
🪟 Openness, Transparency, and Optimism
Feedback is a beautiful gift. We deeply care about this because we believe it’s what makes us better. We build trust by sharing with each other the best of us and the worse. We are direct and succint, and believe in radical candor. This means, we tell each other when we’re scared/angry, and not making the best decisions. We don’t jump into conclusions quickly, and instead ask for clarifications of our colleagues’ intentions and words. We strive to continue building a company where you can be your full self to work knowing you’ll be heard and supported!
We’re a winning team, not a family. We’re stronger together. We’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there. We find solutions to problems instead of choosing blame.
🎇 We Give a Shit and Have Fun
We care about what we do, our clients, and each other.
We find problems as a way to learn, grow, and seek to find joy in resolving them.
Be an owner of the work, mission, and pursue the best ideas, solutions. To do so, we create the time and place to be creative and have fun!
👩🏽💼 How We Work
- We are all remote. Though we’re looking for someone who can work PT hours
- We write a lot and make videos: We don't have a lot of live meetings. So you must love to write and document!
- We use Slack for comms, Notion/Airtable for project management and memos.
- We focus a lot on feedback and transparency. We give open and honest feedback to each other regularly. This is critical. Please only apply if you are open to this.