Pilot provides finance, accounting, and tax prep services for startups and growing businesses. We run the financial back office for thousands of businesses of all sizes and stages, and we’re partners in helping our customers build enduring businesses. Pilot is growing quickly and looking for a well rounded web developer to help us achieve our aggressive growth goals. This role will be reporting to the Senior Manager of Web Strategy and will oversee the technical toolset and development strategy of Pilot’s marketing websites. You will work cross-functionally with various marketing stakeholders as well as data teams and engineers across the organization to design, develop, test, deploy impactful web experiences to help drive Pilot growth. You will be responsible for providing a great brand experience while also driving user acquisition and growth.
You will use your business acumen plus your technical expertise to partner with our marketing team to provide creative solutions to drive change across Pilot.com’s website.
- Drive marketing and sales business goals through experiments and metrics-driven optimizations to improve website conversion rate, engagement, and traffic.
- Build, test and deploy in a continuous manner (we deploy multiple times a day!)
- Build and support a website that is technically sound, optimized for traffic growth and conversion, and successfully helps us achieve our aggressive goals and KPIs.
- Collaborate extensively with Marketing and Content teams to bring to life experiences that will generate revenue, improve tracking and analytics, and increase site engagement.
- Support Web Strategy Manager as the tech lead to scope and create scalable solutions.
- Ensure proper instrumentation of tools to track user behavior, metrics, performance, etc
- Participate and help manage the full development lifecycle: from estimation, design, development, testing, to build and deployment.
- Create and update reusable code libraries to streamline development cycle and facilitate site documentation and maintenance.
- 4+ years of experience having built and scaled websites to meet growing business requirements.
- Demonstrable experience working with Webflow sites or similar CMS, including database/platform configuration in secure enterprise environments, template development and theme customization, and QA.
- You’re not necessarily a designer, but you know good web UX design and conversion best practices when you see them. You understand usability, responsive design, components, testing, and technical SEO.
- Prior experience with website marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel, Segment, Marketo, Drift, Clearbit, Outreach, Optimizely (or similar A/B testing tools)
- Proficiency in design applications like Figma.
- In-depth understanding of technical SEO principles and best practices.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion – Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents – 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.