Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
CesiumAstro is a rapidly growing space technology startup in Austin, developing out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. Our approach is unique, and our team is changing the world of space communications.
We are looking for a skilled Web Developer who will be responsible for developing, designing, and maintaining the website for our company. We are seeking a creative Web Developer that can work companywide to achieve our business' branding goals. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and have talent and a strong work ethic, we would like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on, highly technical professional, who exhibits exceptional artistic ability, visual aptitude, mechanical skills, and creative problem-solving. This person will be responsible for CesiumAstro’s design language and for curating the look and feel of the projects falling under Web, Graphic, Interaction, and User Experience in accordance with the Cesium brand. This individual will work closely with our Executive, Marketing, Communications, and Engineering teams advocating for integrity of design on all our products, media, and collateral.
- Updating our current online applications, as well as developing and implementing new website applications to meet our company's requirements and social reach.
- Translating our business needs into client-friendly functions that will expand our website's influence in our industry.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and producing new branding content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Backing up files from websites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing and correcting or problems for correction.
- 3+ years working as a Web Developer, or in a related field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Web Development, Graphic Design, Experience Design, or related field.
- Experience working in a company that produces a physical product is required.
- Excellent command of visual communication that inspires and engages the audience.
- Fluent in responsive web design on the Webflow platform.
- Experience working on cross-functional product teams in professional settings.
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and proficiently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.