As a Senior Webflow Developer on the Creative Marketing team you’ll collaborate with our team of strategists, designers, and developers to build award-winning websites that empower visionaries and their teams to lead meaningful brands and leverage the internet for good. You’ll play a role throughout the entire life of a project — consulting on content strategy and design, developing the project in Webflow, testing to ensure top quality, and documenting your build for handoff to our clients post-launch.
Reporting to the Director of Creative Marketing and the Project Leadership team (Product Manager and Senior Project Manager), you will serve as a leader on our growing Webflow engineering team as a Senior Webflow Developer, mentoring junior team members, helping champion best practices, and building world-class digital experiences in Webflow.
- Build fully functional Webflow websites from Figma designs
- Make edits to and extend the functionality of existing Webflow websites
- Build and document complex CMS structures in Webflow
- Create client-friendly CMS structures that makes it easy to add and edit content
- Champion our team’s best practices and processes, and help improve and build upon them as you see opportunity. Some of those practices include: 1) Helpful asset/media organization in Webflow, 2) Client friendly class structures, 3) Accessible website construction, 4) Documentation in and out of Webflow
- Build websites that empower in-house teams to take over a project and expand upon it easily
- Execute thorough quality assurance across devices and major browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge)
- Help clients and teammates understand both the possibilities and constraints of building in Webflow
- Mentor junior developers by reviewing their work and providing meaningful feedback
- Assist other developers on their projects by polishing their work and prepping websites for launch
- Assist clients and teammates in resolving technical issues
- Review and test websites for accessibility, speed, functionality, and browser compatibility
- Consult with strategists and designers to create inventive solutions to meet our clients’ needs
- Assist in estimating and planning development scope
- Integrate third-party services and APIs into Webflow websites
- 3+ years of experience building websites, landing pages, and stores using Webflow — or the ability to demonstrate your ability to build advanced websites from scratch using Webflow
- Advanced front-end web development proficiency; other programming knowledge is a plus
- Experience working in client services or as part of a team or freelancer is a plus (agency experience is even better)
- Demonstrated proficiency with HTML, CSS and JS frameworks and the ability to develop custom-coded solutions for low-code tools when needed
- Familiarity with agile methodology and software development project management principles is a plus
- Experience with tools like Asana, Jira, Trello, Slack, GitHub, Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD
- Ability to collaborate with within a team and as part of a whole but also execute tasks independently
- Ability to break epics and stories (larger project tasks) into smaller tasks and estimate time and project costs
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices related to SEO, site performance, page speed, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility (ADA certification is a plus)
- Have a good grasp of the implications of design and UX decisions, and how they might affect a projects’ outcome
- Demonstrated understanding of the latest international web protocols, standards, and technologies
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving, time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated thoroughness, follow-up and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize and communicate complex or technical concepts
- Preferred knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices for designing and engineering accessible websites
- Technology agnostic; you can use many various CMS and third-party apps to get work done
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to focus on multiple things concurrently
- Ability to work on multiple projects in the same week
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills both for client and team communication
- A sense of humor
- Previous experience working within an agency as part of a team
- Experience working in APIs and headless content management systems
- ADA Certification or equivalent
Qualities we're looking for
You love learning and self-teaching.
When faced with something you don’t understand— you’ll Google it and read a reputable article or watch a video on YouTube before you ask someone how to do a thing.
You can edit someone else’s work and polish it up.
You’re not afraid to edit someone else’s work or provide clear, courteous, honest feedback to arrive at the best final result.
You sweat the small stuff.
You're always watching for typos, and keeping an eye out for the details that others miss. You get that the last 10% of a project is what can make all the difference and you don’t ship work that is incomplete or unpolished.
You’re analytical and creative.
You’re an engineer at heart and love building things that are functional and scalable, but you also want to build something beautiful and engaging that people enjoy spending time with.
You manage your own time and work effectively and efficiently. You’re not the type to wait for a project manager to tell when you’re over-budget or at a deadline.
You can express your opinion confidently.
You’re not scared to speak up when you disagree, or when you think something needs improvement, and you do it with confidence and respect for others.
You're a self-starter.
You understand when you already have permission— you see something is broken, and you fix it. You see how to improve something, and you make it happen.
You're a team player.
You don’t care who has the idea, as long as it’s what is needed. You care more about the end result than about personal recognition.
- Health Insurance: Whiteboard will cover 50% of your health insurance cost through our company-sponsored plan, which is currently provided by United Healthcare (more detail available upon request).
- Dental Insurance: Whiteboard will cover 50% of your individual dental insurance, which is currently provided by Delta Dental.
- Vision Insurance: Whiteboard will cover 100% of your individual vision insurance, provided by United Healthcare (more detail available upon request).
- Basic Life Insurance and Short Term Disability: Whiteboard offers and covers 100% of Basic Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.
- Additional Insurance Options: Whiteboard offers additional voluntary insurance including Long Term Disability, Additional Life Insurance, and Accident Coverage. Whiteboard will not contribute to these, but all eligible employees will be able to participate if desired.
- Wellview: Wellview brings you on-demand access to the health services you need—all at no cost to you. We believe that engaging with your well-being resources should be a personalized and enjoyable experience. This benefit is included if you enroll in our company health insurance.
- We offer a 401(k) retirement plan and match your contributions up to 5%
- Paid time off and standard company holidays
- Funded opportunities for learning and continued education
- A flexible work culture intended to let teams optimize and thrive
- 100% Company matched charitable giving through Charityvest.