You'll be part of a friendly & enthusiastic team at OSV, where we're on a quest to make OSV the place to be for Creators across the world.
As lead developer, you'll help bring ideas to life on the web across our four main verticals: Media, Films, Adventures, and O'Shaughnessy Fellowships (& more to be expanded upon in the future). This includes websites, blogs, microsites and web applications.
With at least 2 years of full-time experience building a variety of projects using Webflow, you're proficient at animations, at ease with CMS, follow best practices in setting up projects (Client-First), have experience connecting Webflow to tools like Airtable/ Xano, have a keen sense of what's going on in the greater ecosystem (DevLink), and you're aware of innovative tools (Wized) that can push Webflow's capabilities further.
You can also communicate effectively with external Developers when full application builds are required. This will be important as the scope of OSV's projects will expand beyond just Webflow in the near future.
Although you'll be collaborating with a Designer in translating ideas into beautiful and easy-to-use UI's, it'll be valuable for you to already possess a refined eye for aesthetics and UX (think simple, elegant & clean).
You'll have a direct line of communication with our CEO Jim O'Shaughnessy, Chief of Staff, Lead Designer, and team members who are in charge of specific verticals.
There will be no gatekeepers to slow you down in either the communication processes or with decision-making within your domain of work. You will enjoy both implementation & creative freedom in your role.
At OSV you're judged on your ability and the quality of your input, and not in a position within some hierarchy. Solid ideas & great implementation are the keys to continuing growth here.
- A self-starter who can take charge of the requirements for your role within the team.
- At ease with asking questions in scoping out and structuring ideas presented to you.
- Able to effectively communicate with both non-technical teammates and external developers (if required)
- Recommend how things can be implemented better & point out bottlenecks in existing processes to improve efficiency.
- Can get things done by yourself, but you also know when it’s time to ask for help.
- Good at managing expectations from multiple stakeholders, simplifying ideas for implementation, and prioritizing what to bring to life from the pipeline.
Other things to know
You can live / work anywhere. We are 100% remote 🌏 team.
How many hours
State your availability in the questionnaire.
You can work your own schedule through the week, but you'll require some overlapping hours with key team members (US Eastern Time, UK & India) when there are discussions to be had.
Open to discuss this with the right candidate, but feel free to state your hourly rate expectation in the questionnaire.
Step 1: Questionnaire & Webflow test
Your responses, previous body of work, and the Webflow test will be collectively assessed in making it through to Step 2.
Step 2: Interview
Here the final set of candidates will have interviews with a couple of our key team members.
Step 3: Trial
The successful candidate will be invited to a paid trial for 3 to 4 weeks to work on an OSV project. If you knock this one out the park, you'll continue in the role as OSV's Lead Webflow Developer! 🎉
* If you are unsuccessful after Step 1, you will be notified by email. Please give us a couple of weeks after submission to provide you with a response.