While this position is full-time remote, we're looking for candidates that live in the U.S. This is to facilitate communication and coordination with internal teams and clients.
The Digital Ring isn’t your average marketing agency. We’re an award-winning crew of business-minded strategists, creatives, and developers. We work with clients big and small — across a wide range of industries — offering web design & development, SEO, content marketing & copywriting, branding, paid digital advertising, and more.
When we partner with a client, we become a seamless extension of their team. We get to know their company and their customer via an in-depth Discovery phase before creating and executing a carefully considered strategy to deliver a beautiful website or tailored marketing plan designed to help them reach their business goals.
While we’ve been in business for 6+ years, we still embody a “startup” mentality: we outwork the competition, we think outside the box, and we push the envelope. And all the while — we manage to have just a little bit of fun.
As a graphic designer at The Digital Ring, you'll be responsible for conceptualizing and creating designs that support our clients' broader digital marketing strategy. We're looking for someone with a wide range of design abilities. Websites, digital ads, GIFs, logos, packaging, signage, brand guides, emails, direct mailers... you'll do it all (although the majority of your work will lean digital). You'll also need to be highly organized and efficient, and possess top-notch communication skills, as you'll be collaborating with various internal teams and clients.
What this job entails
- Lead client projects from concept to implementation (accountable for all design deliverables)
- Support all departments from Account Executives to Project Managers on design needs
- Conceptualizing visuals based on requirements
- Study design briefs and design requirements
- Design and build websites in Webflow
- Design brochures, logos, signs, books, magazine covers, annual reports, advertisements, and other communication materials
- Create these materials by hand (illustration skills a plus!) or via technology, including computer software programs. Adobe's Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, and more—is the standard in the industry and most employers expect designers to be proficient with its programs
- Meet with clients to gain an understanding of what they want their proposed communications to look like; create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications
- Produce drafts for review by clients and make revisions based on the feedback received
- Present ideas to both internal teams as well as the client
- Review final productions for errors and ensure that final prints reflect client specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Creating designs and testing based on user experience, user journeys and overall best practices for engaging the customer
- Collaborate with a team of designers to help bring our client’s visions to life
- Completed a degree in Design, Business, Marketing, Communications or a similar field of learning or commensurate experience
- At least 3 years of professional design experience
- Design portfolio that shows a range of design
- Experience with Adobe XD, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, UI/UX (ie. Axure)
- Experience designing and building websites in Webflow
- High knowledge of design sense across media
- Follow the trends of the industry and overall visual world, bringing the freshest perspective to the work
- Basic understanding of how marketing campaigns work to support our clients
- Self-starter attitude who can work efficiently and independently
- Organizational skills that allow you to juggle multiple projects
- Work in a faced-past environment
- UX/UI knowledge to push web to the next level
- Ability to present work both internally and to clients, effectively selling the most impactful ideas.
- Effective collaboration skills within agency departments (Account, Project Mgmt, PDA, Dev, Content)
- Ability to contribute to building a positive agency culture
- Ability to create a product from concept to completion
- Experience designing responsive websites (knowledge of coding language is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills and can develop great working relationships with internal teams and clients alike
- Ability to respond positively to and learn from constructive feedback
- Resilience and positivity — even in difficult situations
- Pride in your strong work ethic and have an appreciation for #startuplife
- A good sense of humor and can mesh well with a fun, lively crew