About Census 🔁
Census is how data teams at companies like Canva, Figma, Rippling, Carta, and Notion build better business operations.
With Census, data teams can turn their data warehouse into a platform that powers the apps that marketing & sales teams use daily. With live data, these teams can build better campaigns, understand what users are doing, and ultimately be more successful.
Backed by a16z and Sequoia, we're a hybrid team headquartered in San Francisco that loves taking annoying problems most people avoid and building elegant solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we invented integrations that work directly from cloud data warehouses.
Your Mission 🚀
We're looking for a seasoned front end engineer to join our marketing team and to help build and maintain our website assets. We are constantly updating our website for design improvements and technical optimizations.
You will work closely with our design team, copywriters, product marketing managers, and marketing leaders to ensure the best experience across all Census domains.
Your responsibilities 🗓
- Develop using Webflow as a hosting and CMS platform (understanding its limitations and capabilities)
- Maintain and expand an ever-changing web style guide for internal reference
- Work closely with design team to strategize unique, bespoke website solutions while maintaining accessibility
- Utilize SEO partners to optimize web assets according to current best practices.
- Work closely with marketing team to manage key metrics, website user permissions, content changes, and assist in performative testing
- Ensure website reliability by performing monthly audits on all website assets and their CMS structures
- Work with internal stakeholders to strategize the growth of all website assets into their next phase of hosting and CMS platforms
Is this you? ⚡️
Here’s what our dream candidate looks like:
- Technical expertise - You have worked with a data product or a product used by a technical audience.
- You have seen success - Ideally, you have ~8 years of experience in front end development and have experience working in a fast-growing startup.
- Curiosity – Interest in learning and exploring, experimenting, and teaching others.
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) – Genuine desire to see other people succeed and help them get there.
- Self-motivation – Desire to work in a startup environment without the structure of big companies.
- Industry adept – In-depth experience with standard front-end languages HTML5, CSS, and JS; understanding of JSON manipulation; understanding of popular JS libraries including Swiper, Attributes by Finsweet, and GSAP
Our benefits 🏆
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (full platinum coverage for dependents)
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible time off (20+ days/year recommended)
- Parental leave
Census is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
What are you waiting for? Apply ⬇️