For over a decade, Poetic has moved our partners and clients ahead of their competitors. The strategies, technologies, and products created allow our clients to be competitive today and define tomorrow.
Poets can be Anywhere! This role can be U.S. REMOTE (i.e., anywhere in the U.S. with occasional travel to visit our Houston Office) OR based entirely out of our wonderful Houston, TX Office (hint: Amazing coffee & camaraderie) or even HYBRID in the Houston area.
We believe a thriving culture is about good people you rely on and working with them toward a common goal. Our culture is the main reason we consider ourselves a truly exceptional company, and it's our people who shape and grow it.
We believe unhappy employees mean unhappy clients, so we support our team with flexibility, benefits including 401K matching, and frequent social events. We also offer a recently updated, excellent compensation package, flexible PTO, the latest Apple laptops, and all the free gourmet coffee you can drink (In our office). We have frequent social events, office lunches and breakfast, and personal enrichment opportunities. We also believe in creating a positive, inclusive and, most of all, fun, work environment. We want to encourage your growth. Currently, we work with a list of great clients including property management, green energy, manufacturing and real estate, and also a number of wonderful non-profits. You can feel good about the work you do at the end of the day. We have BIG expansion plans this year!
Poetic Job Description
Title: WebFlow Designer (Mid Level to Sr)
- +2 years of WebFlow development experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Entry- to intermediate-level HTML, CSS, and JS skills
We’re looking for a passionate and creative UI/UX designer with excellent graphic and web development experience specifically with WebFlow.
So the basics: Do you love WebFlow? Do you have skills using design tools like Figma? Do you have a portfolio of well designed, responsive websites? Can you work on pixel-perfect designs? Can you create clear, intuitive, and visually appealing human interfaces? (UI). Can you make use of user research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions? Are you a good listener who is open to an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback. Are you Self-motivated? Do You like to get things done?
If you answered yes to many of the above questions, then this is a chance to work on an expanding tech team to deliver innovative web and mobile apps. You will work on multiple projects, in mobile and web design.
Poetic has an executive mandate to expand and innovate in web and mobile development in 2022, we want you to join our friendly, fast-paced and highly innovative team. Our creative and design agency focus means our apps and websites always follow a design-first philosophy..
Role Technical Skills and Experience Summary (Note: not everything on this list is mandatory)
- 2+ years as UI/UX Designer implementing in WebFlow
- Work with Design tooling such as Figma, Invision, Adobe Suite and/or ability to learn these tools.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS in the context of web and mobile design.
- Creating user-centric designs based on customer feedback and usability findings.
- Design detailed wireframes with clear user journeys, information architecture, interaction flow, and interaction models, user flow / process flows.
- Low and hi-fidelity design mock-ups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behavior
- Work with team to produce deliverables including presentations, graphic designs, wireframes, interactive prototypes, usability reports, design specs, etc.
- Work with other designers and engineering teams. Agile/Scrum experience a plus.
- Able to design and work with WebFlow CMS tool or ability to learn.
- Excellent communication skills
Poetic Hiring Process
We don't want to waste your time. We start with a short screening call and then move on to interviews with the team where we assign you one, small, straightforward design challenge or an in-depth portfolio review of your existing work. For the design challenge, you can do it on your own, we then give you ample time to finish it. Then, we schedule another meeting in which we do a detailed review on how and what you did, asking you to explain your decision making and thought process all designed to match a real-world work situation. If it all works out, we will provide a competitive offer and introduce you to our wider team and get you started ASAP.