At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
We are looking for a highly skilled web developer with strong design skills who is comfortable with both front and back end programming. You will be responsible for developing and designing front end web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness, and maintenance of websites and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties. You will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as strong client facing communication.
At Compass, You Will
- Develop and design front end websites and content management systems (CMS) Design user interactions, animations on web pages.
- Manage and maintain API’s
- Create and manage servers and databases for functionality. Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensure responsiveness of websites
- Work alongside graphic designers for web design features. See through a project from conception to finished product. Communication directly, and professionally with clients
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
What We’re Looking For
- 2-3 years of applicable experience
- Strong organizational, and project management skills.
- Expertise in knowledge of WordPress, and other website DIY platforms i.e. Square Space, Wix, Webflow , Duda etc. Excellent knowledge of website hosting, servers, various domain registrar platforms
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Confident in client correspondence. Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of website compliancy, accessibility/ADA Google Ads knowledge is a plus
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.