We’re on a mission to bring people the knowledge they need to make a difference in the world.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers, who wondered why we don’t have an easier way of finding what we need at work. In our personal lives, we have tools to help us find pretty much whatever we need. Why don’t we have that at work? And that was the beginning of Glean.
Glean searches across all your company’s apps to help you find exactly what you need and discover the things you should know. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
What’s the opportunity?
Glean is looking for an experienced Brand Designer and Webflow Developer who can represent our brand identity across channels by creating visually appealing and cohesive designs and translating web designs into a high-quality build on our website using Webflow.
Aside from designing, updating, and maintaining our marketing site in Webflow, you’ll work on other brand design projects such as designing eBooks, whitepapers, slide decks, one-pagers, social media assets, blog post banners, event booths, swag, animated GIFs showcasing our product, and more. You’ll collaborate closely with members of our marketing and design teams to create compelling and unique brand experiences.
Brand Design is a part of our broader Design Team, which works across both brand and product design to influence almost every experience we create for our audience, customers, and employees.
What will I be doing?
- Partner with marketing and engineering to design and build an amazing brand experience for glean.com as we launch new products and content.
- Develop glean.com using Webflow and ensure it’s optimized for performance, scalability, and user experience.
- Creating branded content across a variety of contexts such as eBooks, social media assets, slides, website pages, short animated GIFs, blog post banners, swag, ads, event booths, printed collateral, and more.
- Help explore and maintain a flexible scalable brand system for Glean and ensure we strategically express our visual identity across all experiences.
- Act as a champion for how our brand is applied globally and ensure consistency in brand work across all marketing channels.
- Be an active participant in design at Glean, providing thoughtful feedback in critiques, reviews, etc.
What skills do I need?
- Expertise in primarily Webflow and Figma, and proficiency in Adobe tools like After Effects and Illustrator.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in visual design for digital tools and website development, from high-level strategic direction to production details.
- Expertise in Webflow to build user-facing websites and landing pages that are responsive, modular, robust, and secure. Strong debugging and problem-solving skills with experience working with API and third-party libraries, custom code, and Marketo forms.
- Strong portfolio of Webflow and Figma development projects
- Strong conceptual and visual design skills showcasing an understanding of the formal elements of graphic design (including typography, color, layout, and composition) via a breadth of work in a variety of contexts and execution, such as website, content marketing, and social media.
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into simple visuals. Past B2B experience is a plus.
- Experience executing and thriving in fast-paced high-growth environments. Ability to independently prioritize work based on project objectives and business goals, producing high-quality work with speed and accuracy.
- Strong written, verbal, and storytelling skills with a track record of successfully collaborating with design, marketing, and business partners to translate project needs, insights, and constraints into informed design decisions.
- A learning, self-starter, and growth mindset with the ability to operate independently within a small team and navigate ambiguous projects, with a sense of curiosity, and a desire to make things better.
- [Bonus] Animation and motion design chops to make short animated product GIFs yourself, while art-directing (not necessarily executing) more complex product videos.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.