Web Design and Developer at Accredible
Accredible makes it easy for the world's best educational institutions to issue credentials, awards, qualifications, and licenses digitally rather than on paper. Our customers include Google, Harvard, MIT, Oxford University, McGraw Hill, Slack, iHop, GMAC, the CFP Board and 1300+ others, on behalf of whom we have issued over 22 million credentials to learners all over the world to date, and we're adding over 1.5 million per month. After first hitting profitability and then raising our Series A the company has grown from a team of fifteen to a team of ninety and we are looking for exceptional people to join us and help us turn our pirate ship into a navy.
Open and Inclusive. We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, skin color, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political views, education level, identity, and self-identification. We welcome teachers, learners, activists, artists, dreamers, doers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Web Developer and Designer to revamp, design, prototype, and build various web properties in close collaboration with our Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams.
- Translate information architecture and content sitemap into wireframes, and from wireframes create web design concepts.
- Create Webflow and WordPress pages and collections and WordPress templates in accordance with Accredible brand guidelines and in close collaboration with copy writers and graphic designers.
- Participate in the development of custom applications, features, and/or functionalities that will attract and appeal to visitors and provide desired information.
- Manage updates to Accredible’s website; project manage updates, redesigns, and the introduction of new UI/UX components to the current site in coordination with Marketing and Product teams.
- Select, deploy, test, and update WordPress and Webflow plug-ins.
- Monitor web properties to minimize performance issues and to provide a frictionless user experience, continually testing and documenting site performance, and troubling shooting solutions.
- Help integrate website analytics to other company Marketing tools (HubSpot) to track and quantify leads and the efficacy of web content.
- Document and communicate recommendations for website functionality improvements and upgrades.
- QA test websites for browser compatibility and responsive performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar field, and/or experience 3+ years of demonstrable experience designing and administering live responsive websites.
- Excellent project management skills.
- 3+ years of experience creating wireframes.
- 2+ years of UX/UI design experience.
- 3+ years of Webflow design experience.
- 3+ years of WordPress admin & developer experience.
- Experience with analytics tools such as HotJar or Smartlook.
- Robust experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Expert knowledge of WordPress theme creation and customization, plug-in creation and management, and custom post creation.
- Experience with responsive design techniques.
- Solid understanding of typography, color theory, and layout design.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders in a cross-cultural and cross-functional setting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and sometimes changing priorities.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- 35 days paid vacation time per year
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible hours & remote work
- Compassionate Leave
- Annual Retreat
- Two hours per week (paid) to spend learning anything you like, even if it is not related to your role, plus a budget to spend on learning materials (courses, books, conferences). We love education and we believe in nurturing your growth!
- A promise to invest in your growth personally and professionally. Wherever you would like to go and whatever you would like to do, we will be there to support you.
Who we are
Remote First. Accredible is spread across dozens of cities around the globe. From Cape Town to San Francisco, Vancouver, London to New York, our employees live and work in the places that they thrive, wherever they thrive.
Growing Strong. We are growing and will continue to expand rapidly. We seek to increase momentum and build a professional, scalable, and efficient team whilst maintaining our friendly, open, and democratic culture.
We Love What We Do. We get to help startups get their training programs off the ground and watch their social referrals double, see associations experience double digit membership growth, and enable established companies to transform training and development. We're passionate about our product – and what it can do for our customers.